- Monday, 7th November, 2016
We are excited to announce that HDWEBPROVIDER will supports PHP 7 within the next few days.
PHP 7 offers a lot of new features for developers, as well as significant increases in performance. In our internal benchmarks we intentionally put a lot of stress on PHP performance to provide a conservative estimate of gains for real world websites. Doing so, we measured PHP 7 coming in at 62% faster than PHP 5.6:
PHP 7 ADOPTION STATUS
As HDWEBPROVIDER & cPanel have made PHP 7 available to their clients for some time, they are uniquel
While some of the major Content Management Systems have declared support for PHP 7, others may need some further time to make fully that declaration. HDWEBPROVIDER tests indicate the following:
- Drupal 8 – Officially supports PHP 7. Available for download.
- Drupal 7 – Works with PHP 7. Available for download.
- WordPress 4.3.1 – Works with PHP 7. Available for download.
- Joomla! 3.4.5 – Does not support PHP 7.
- Joomla! 3.5 – Supports PHP 7. Will be released in January 2016.
As we mentioned, this does not necessarily mean that all your plugins, themes and other scripts that you are using are compatible. If you do with to try it out, then we highly suggest testing it out thoroughly. You may also wish to refer to this migration guide if you are more technically minded.
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution