How can I transfer my domain to you?
If you wish to transfer your domain registration to your account here, please do the following:
- 1. Go to: https://www.hdwebprovider.com/clients/cart.php?a=add&domain=transfer
- 2. Enter the domain you wish to transfer and click on the Transfer button.
- 3. Complete the domain transfer form and click on the Purchase button, located at the bottom of the form.
Note: This process requires that you pay the invoice, in order to start the process.
MUST READ BEFORE TRANSFERRING
Registration transfers usually take 5 to 7 days to process. There are 3 settings that must be correct on your domain, or the transfer will fail. Please check these before submitting a transfer request.
1. Ask your current Registrar the 'EPP' of Domain Transfer Key' - Once your have this key or code (if you don't have the key, you cannot transfer the domain)
2. You must check to make sure if the ADMIN email on your domain is correct. Once you start the transfer, the current registrar is going to email this address asking for permission to move the domain. If the email listed isn't your email or doesn't work, you can't respond to this email and thus the transfer will fail. Also your current Registrar will send the EPP Transfer key to this email. to check the current admin visit: http://www.domaintools.com/example.com
3. You must make sure the domain isn't locked. If it is locked, even if you agree to the transfer, the transfer will fail. Remove the domain lock at your current Registrar.
You can check both of the above by going to: http://www.domaintools.com. Once there, type your domain.com in the field labeled "Whois Lookup:" and click submit. Find where it says "Administrative Contact:" This is where your correct email address must be listed.
Now scroll down to where it says "Status:" If the status says "locked," you must get this changed before doing the transfer. Please ask your current Registrar how to 'unlock' the domain.
To get the above changed you must contact the registrar (the company where you bought the domain), and ask them to make the necessary changes. Some registrars let you make these changes yourself from within their control panel.
Note: You may not transfer a domain unless it has been at the current registrar for at least 60 days. Additionally, if your domain is expired you may not transfer it until you first renew the registration with the current company.
Once you are sure that you have the EPP Key (secret key), The lock is removed and you have access to the admin contact email, you can start the transfer.